Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"Bitter"

Sometimes, I like it when limitations are placed on a piece. It helps me to think outside of the box when I have writer's block. A friend of mine gave me an idea and suggested I write about it in 100 words or less. So here it is!

"Bitter"
Aaron M. Smith- July 20th 2011


I wanted to tell her I was sorry.
She’d never believe me. Not after how I acted. I was a jerk. Or had been, anyway.
She glanced over at me, saw I was looking at her. She threw me a dirty glance and turned back to her date. I wanted so badly to apologize it felt like my heart was going to burst.
But it wasn’t about what I wanted. That had been my problem all along. What she needed was to not see me the rest of the night.
I could do that. Heck, it was a dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment